Sunday 1 December 2013

Day 10

I was back again for another monitoring appointment this morning. Everything looks great and I will take my final injections today, a trigger shot of hCG tonight, and retrieval is set for Tuesday morning! I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself. I have 10 mature follicles, which is excellent. Also excellent is that I don't have to take any more shots after today. Yay! I have to take progesterone suppositories after retrieval, which I hear are gross and messy, but it sure beats more shots!

Today I also learned beware of units of measurement. I had been wondering why my estradiol numbers always seemed absurdly high. Come to think of it, my progesterone is always absurdly high. But now I know it's a different unit of measurement! I don't know what this means in terms of my progesterone numbers, but my E2 numbers have been right on track all along, which is good.

Now, what can I do to keep my mind occupied? This is the hard part. I have all day today and tomorrow to try and keep my mind busy. Then after retrieval, waiting for the call with the fertilization report. Then waiting for the call for the progress and whether it will be day 3 (Friday) or day 5 (Sunday). Then waiting to see if it works. I hope I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I have high hopes for this to work! I can't help it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment