Thursday 3 April 2014

Introducing, the twins!



Introducing, my two blastocysts! Transferred today to my happy warm sticky uterus! I'm calling the smaller but slightly more advanced blast (on the right) Amelia, and the larger, earlier blast on the left Linus. Why did I decide one is a boy and one is a girl? I'm not sure, I guess because they are slightly different sizes. And if I do end up giving birth to boy-girl twins, there is no way of knowing of course which is which, but since girls are slightly ahead in all aspects of development (it's true), if they are one boy one girl, I think the ever-so-slightly-more-advanced one is a girl.

So it's a very good day in my world! If some of the others that were bringing up the rear make it too, and can be frozen, even better, but I am happy with this result! Time for daily visualization exercises. Next step for them will be hatching (great video here), then burrowing in (great illustrations here), and a great timeline to help me maintain sanity here.

And I guess that's all there is to say. My husband was a little freaked out and didn't want to see the picture, but some day I will insist on putting this in the front page of the baby book, ahead of baby's first ultrasound picture!

*update - another unsuccessful transfer, neither one was strong enough. Insert tears here.

No comments:

Post a Comment